Tuesday, December 16, 2008

JohCre's comments

I share the views from other contributors. The additional 2 complaints that I want to add are

1. why did they not contact us on the phonenumbers we left behind or leave a voicemail on room-telephone (to avoid waking us up)? Also, why did they not try to provide the hand-out they left on the hotel desk counter, to our rooms If the information on the hand-out is correct, they had figured out the solution at 4:30am but most passengers did not become aware of the solution until late morning.

2. passengers that booked the flight through alliance partners were not initially assisted by the Jet Airways staff (see below)

I have flown regularly on economy class with Jet Airways with my family and always had pleasant experiences. This time, my office booked a business flight to Brussels through Brussels Airlines (operated by Jet Airways) and when I contacted Jet Airways at 3:30 pm for my alternatives, they indicated that they could not help me and that I needed to contact Brussels Airlines.

When I subsequently called Brussels Airlines, they were not aware of the issues and they could not contact Jet Airways because the local lines were not staffed (contrary to what the handout at the hotel desk suggested) and the tol-free number does not work from abroad (?!)

Absent any guidance from Jet Airways, I had booked alternative flights through my travel agency via Chicago and obtained the OK for this from Brussels Airlines. When I tried to check-in at the counter for the flight to Chicago at 11:30am, United warned me that I would probably get stuck in Chicago given that the ticket was not correctly split.

I then contacted my travel Agency and Brussels Airlines again and it turned out that Brussels Airlines was still not informed about the new flight at 5pm and Brussels Airlines could still not contact Jet Airways. I then called Jet Airways at 12:25 again and now they were willing to help me and assured me that I had a place reserved for me in the 5pm flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST YOUR COMMENTS